- develop a comprehensive fund raising strategy
- research, recommend, finance (sponsorship) and launch an automated event fund raising platform for the St Patricks’ Day Race Event
- launch the platform and promote its existence to all Achilles members and the running community in time for the 2018 St Patricks’ Day Race Event
- continue with the excellent success of 2017 in raising even more event sponsorship for the 2018 St Patricks’ Day Race Event
- develop a National strategy for sponsorship participation that can be incorporated into a full National roll-out of similar St Patricks’ Day events in other cities across – the same key national sponsors at all events
- research, pitch and land a national “shoe sponsor” for athletes and guides for their ongoing training and race participation investigate all other sponsorship opportunities that could benefit Achilles
This team will also focus on awareness for our organization at multiple touch points – medical practitioners, the media, Government, etc, to build awareness.
Secondly, develop new chapters across Canada and support their membership development needs and in partnership with the marketing committee provide all the tools necessary to start, develop and grow a chapter.
Participation development will focus on improving:
- participation at weekly and weekend training runs
- participation in local events supported by Achilles
- participation in National or International events supported by Achilles (NYC Marathon)
- participation and organizational support for each chapters’ organizing committee
A major role will be to work with the volunteer coordinator of the St Patrick’s’ Day Race Event to assist where they can, while attempting to retain some of these volunteers to support other Achilles events throughout the year – like the Mid-town Achilles Half Marathon Event.
This team will also be responsible to manage a database of volunteer “years of participation” and recognize and award their participation, such as:
- five year, ten year pins
- special levels of support or success
- athlete achievement recognition – first Marathon, first race, etc.
This will be supported by a new appreciation greeting card strategy that has already been developed and is ready to launch and be managed moving forward.
This group will help those who already work tirelessly on some of these events to spread the load and make them even more successful. This group can also work with the other committees to get event sponsors, product in kind (FREE Beer) or their items that can offset the cost of these events.
This group can also support the post race party needs of the St Patrick’s Day Race Event people who do such an amazing job each year!
In addition to managing these channels, this group will be the key funnel that we disseminate information about our amazing organization.
This committee will provide:
- information about Achilles
- information of interest to the visually disabled
- provide promotional support for up coming events
- announce current events
- share success and recognition stories
- focus on fundraising needs and provide updates on success
In a “nut shell”, since we need very high-energy “nutty” people, this committee will be “our voice to the world” – each and every day!