Congratulations! You are taking the first step towards becoming a member of Achilles Canada.
Membership forms are processed on the first and fifteenth of every month. At that time you will receive an official Achilles Canada t-shirt and welcome letter. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to get started.
Your long-term goals may include joining hundreds of your fellow Achilles Canada members in the St. Patrick’s Day 5K or other race events, or just getting out for some exercise.
Attached to the application form is the Achilles Canada Annual Progress Report. Please compile your race history, if any, for the past year and include pictures of you racing.
Feel free to keep us updated about your running activities throughout the year. Post training and racing photos to the Achilles Canada Facebook page, or email email@example.com or call 416-485-6451. Your stories can also appear in our monthly newsletter. We love to get to know our members and hear how you are doing!
Tips on Running
- Start with a good pair of running shoes to properly support your feet.
- Get socks specifically made for running. Cotton socks can chafe and lead to blisters.
- Race day isn’t the time to try out those new shoes or new clothing.
- Use a lubricant to keep socks and clothing from rubbing and chafing.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Run for yourself and set your own goals.
- Progress comes in fits and starts, but it comes. There will be some tough days, but there will also be great days. Focus on the great ones.
- Hydrate. Make sure you drink water throughout the day.
- To feel the best after a run, make sure you eat and drink in the hours immediately after your run.
- Do not run two hard days back-to-back
- A package of frozen peas makes a great icepack for aches and pains.
- For races longer than 5k, start out slower than you think you should
- It’s OK to take walk breaks and there’s no shame in walking.